As laptops become more and more prominent in today’s world, the need to rotate your display becomes relevant. Are you a photographer? Perhaps you’re just a regular person that likes to view pictures vertically or horizontally. Maybe you are a civil engineer having the best civil engineering laptop and want to see maps vertically or horizontly. Whatever your case may be, here will teach you how to rotate the screen on Laptop manually as well as with shortcuts.
Why You Need to Rotate Screen?
If you want to know how to rotate screen on your laptop, we can help. Use it to make video meetings easier or to prevent your neck from having a stiff neck. However you might use it, the ability to turn your screen is important for anyone who uses their laptop often or needs it for schoolwork. You will have different options depending on what kind of laptop you have. This article will go through several popular laptops and the best ways for you to rotate screens on them.
How to rotate screen in Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Press the Windows key
- Type Display settings > press Enter
- The window shows the options to customize your display
- Choose the display you want to change (Vertical or horizontal orientation)
- Under Orientation, click the down arrow at the edge of the box
- Choose the orientation, click Apply, and then OK
How to rotate screen using dual Monitor
- Start menu > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools
- Select any of the following options: Display Settings, Desktop Icon Settings, or Screen Saver Settings
- From there, an option to change the orientation of your monitor will become available after double-clicking on it
Using auto screen rotation feature
- Go to Settings
- Click on Display
- Under the Scale and layout area, change the Rotation lock on or off