Recently I was embedding YouTube embed code and it didn’t work. This is the common problem where YouTube embed code does not work. For those who don’t know what actually sis the embed code, I am firstly going to share the basic structure of embed code of YouTube which looks like something to this.
<iframe width=”840″ height=”315″ src=”YouTube video url”></iframe>
This is actually the iframe code which, when embedded into any CMS like WordPress shows the video directly without any need to visit the YouTube website.
This may also be the problem of browsers like chrome and Firefox, so this YouTube embed may not work in chrome browser too.
So in this tutorial I will be showing the two methods to fix the “YouTube embeds not working” in chrome as well as the same issue in WordPress CMS.
YouTube embeds not working problem in WordPress and other CMS:
The problem may occur in WordPress that when you paste the embed code in to the editor it give you the URL instead of the YouTube video, and other problem may arise when you publish the post, it doesn’t give the updated code. So in both the cases you need to follow the following steps in order to fix the embed problem.
- Just use the short codes.
- Where you need to put the YouTube URL (not embed code) in URL field.
This will look like this:
Note: Make sure you don’t forget to put the  in the short codes.
Embeds not working problem in Chrome/Internet Explorer/Mozilla Firefox:
Again the problem may be due to the browser issue, so the problem may arise in browser like chrome, Firefox and internet explorer. So in that case you need to follow the simple steps as mentioned below.
- Select the Options icon located at the top right-hand corner of your browser and click setting.
- Scroll down to where you will see the link that says +Show advanced settings and select it.
- Now in the window you will see a drop-down options window where you need to choose the beginning of time.
- Then hit Clear browsing data.
- Restart your browser and you should be good to go. All this was to delete the cache.
Also Go to Advanced Settings of Chrome, and uncheck the box as shown below.
So this was the simple steps to fix the YouTube embed issue. All the steps also remain same for the browser like Mozilla and internet explorer, in which you will need to delete the cache and history.
In case you are facing any difficulty while following the above steps make sure to ask the question in the comments below. Also, feel free to share the tutorial with your friends on Facebook and twitter.