“Internet explorer has stopped working” this is the common error whenever a user try to surf internet through the internet explorer. This is the common problem in major windows versions like windows 8, 7 and Xp and in all version of internet explorer like IE 8, 9, 10 etc. So if you are facing the internet exporere problem and you are frequently getting the same message showing internet explorer has stopped working every time you open the browser, then I will be sharing the tricks to slove and fix this problem in simple and easiest way.
Why this problem occurred?
The main and common reason for the hanging of internet explorer is due to the use of older version of the browser. So if you have the older version of internet explorer then update it right now to avoid these errors. Other reason may be the usage of old plugins and extension that are affecting the browser.So if you have any unused pluigin then delete them immediately to resolve the problem.
Methods to fix “internet explorer has stopped working”:
1: Update your browser:
In case you have the older version of the browser then please update it. This is essential to avoid any other related issue.
2 . Update Windows Java and install:
To Run the Windows Update successfully you need to follow these simple steps.
- In case of windows 7 just head to search and in windows 8 you need to Swipe in from the right edging of the screen, and then click on Search.
- Enter Update in the search box, and then click Check for updates.
- Download and install updates from Windows Update.
3: Delete unrelated and unwanted extensions and plugins:
Remove unnecessary add-on and extensions because they may load the browser with extra space.
4 Turn Internet Explorer off and on
You can’t uninstall or re-install Internet Explorer 11, but you can try turning it off and on again.
- Again do the same and head to Search.
- Enter Windows features in the search box, click Settings >Turn Windows features on or off.
- Now clear the Internet Explorer 11 check box, and then click Yes in the dialog box that asks if you want to turn Internet Explorer 11 off.
- Turn Internet Explorer 11 back by selecting the Internet Explorer 11 check box, and then clicking OK.
5 Check for the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshoot
- Go to the Search.
- Enter Troubleshooting in the search and click Troubleshooting.
- Or in alternate way Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Troubleshooting
- click View all, select Internet Explorer Performance, and then follow the instructions in the Troubleshooter.
6 Turn off hardware acceleration for heavy graphics load
- Open internet explorer and click setting button and then click Internet options.
- On the Advanced tab, select Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.
- click OK, and then restart Internet Explorer .
7. Clear your browsing data and files
- Again open setting of internet explorer and then Internet options.
- On the General tab, under Browsing history, click Delete.
- Select the Temporary Internet files and website files check box, and then tap or click Delete.
8. Enable Protected mode
- If an error occurs in IE 11 then check Protected Mode is enabled or not.
- Then click the Security tab, and Enable Protected mode.
Watch the video for better understanding:
- Clear all history, temporary files, cookies, cache and other website data.
9. Reset Internet Explorer to default settings.
- Click Gear Icon then Click Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Now click Reset button at below. That’s it.
This was the basic tutorial for those who are facing problem with internet explorer and got the message like internet explorer has stopped working. I think I have discussed many methods but still if you are facing any difficulty then feel free to ask in the comments below.