Despite of the fact that windows 8 and 8.1 has many problems when it comes to software related problems in windows 8, but the most common issue that I was facing in my laptop was “default gateway is not available” which keeps showing up whenever I tried to connect my wireless modem for my internet access. The yellow button keeps showing up in my network icon on windows 8.
So in case you are facing the similar issue in which you are getting the error message “default gateway is not available“then in this trick I will show you the quick fix for this issue. These steps are simple to follow and you would be defenetly able to solve your connectivity issue.
Reason for the issue default gateway is not available on windows:
The main reason for the gateway problem on windows 8 and 8.1 is due to your windows driver mainly because the wireless drivers are not working properly on your computer. Therefore we need to fix the issue. Although the fix is working for both windows 8 and windows 8.1 but you may also try the tutorial for others windows like windows 7 and windows Xp.
Steps to fix Default Gateway Is Not Available in Windows 8 and windows 8.1:
- First of all right click on “My computer”.
- Now click on “device manager”.Network Adapters.
- Open Device Manager and find
- Now you just need to expand network adapter options and find your Wireless adapter part.
- You will most probably find the yellow signal there that shows that your driver is not working properly.
- Now right click on it and click on Update Driver Software.
- Click on Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software and finish it.
Watch video tutorial:
For the better understanding of the tutorial here is the complete video of this tutorial. You can watch it now or watch it on YouTube here.
If that does not work then uninstall your wireless drivers and update the latest drivers. Windows 8 automatically detect and install the drivers but in windows 7 you would need to manually update the driver.
Also make sure to reboot the computer to make sure that things works properly.
So this was all about the default gateway issue on windows 8. I hope this worked for you, but in case you are having any kind of problem then feel free to ask in the comments below.