In this digital world and many of us who are opting for making career in digital media, there frequently emerging of applications and softwares to woo our minds and make our work easy. Similarly video editing softwares are in demand and each one is looking for the best and perfect edit. The iMovie video editing software is also one of its kinds that have emerged in the existing market. It is basically default editing application of Mac OS X only. It is exclusively available for Mac and still hasn’t released any windows compatibility. There are many other video related apps for mac such as tubemate and iphoto for pc and many more.
Powerful features of iMovie:
- Special effects in iMovie makes it different from other softwares
- You can record audio from a microphone
- You are given a choice of templates to make an interesting story.
- Firewall interface is mainly used to send video footages to the Mac or computers USB port also can be used.
- You can share a movie or get trailer theme options to edit.
- A new feature like picture in picture and sides by sides or doing cutaways are easier to understand.
- You can save the video in any format as well as upload the videos on social networking sites too.
- Videos can be burnt directly to DVD for watching it later.
Though we all know this software is specially designed for Mac is unavailable for windows PC however there are so- called virtualization technology that enables you to run your Mac which means you can operate iMovie on windows, namely Parallels Desktop and VM Fusion. For both these softwares you may have to pay.
Download iMovie for PC Windows
Why can’t we simply get an iMovie which works in windows? Therefore there are many such alternatives available in the market of softwares which are highly similar to iMovie some of the best once are Movavi Video editor, AVS video editor, Cyberlink PowerDirector, Corel Video studio and many more. Alternatively you can install ios emulator on your Pc to install the imovie.
Movavi is considered to be the closest PC alternative for iMovie. Many recommend that Movavi is PC equivalent for iMovie. Movavi is the complete solution for importing, capturing, editing and sharing videos. It does include all the editing tools for both the kinds of users, be it advanced or general. Even beginners would find it easy to use. And yes! It is compatible to windows PC.
Some of the best features of Movavi are:
- Intuitive interface to organize videos, edit video and share it.
- You can make slideshows similarly to iMovie.
- Many special effects like Matrix, particles, denoise, chrome key a new addition.
- Import and export 2D and 3D video in any format namely SD, HD, and DVD.
- You can capture video from camera, camcorder and TV tuner.
- Digitize VHS tape
- Directly share video on social networking site just like iMovie.
There are many more alternatives for iMovie like Lightworks, Cyberlink but Movavi is the closest to iMovie and you can almost enjoy the same the features like iMovie though not as better as it does for Mac users.